BACHELOR IN PHARMACY (B.PHARM)
- Candidates who have passed two years P.U.C Examination of Karnataka P.U.C Board or any equivalent examination of any other approved Board or university with not less than 40% marks in any combination comprising P.C.M or P.C.B (minimum eligibility should be based on the aggregate of P.C.M. or P.C.B) or P.C.M..B, PC and computer Sciences, P.C and Electronic
- In case of students belonging to SC/ST/ or Category-I , the minimum percentage of marks for admission to B.pharm Course shall be not less than 35% in P.U.C or its equivalent examination (P.C.B. or P.C.M. or P.C.M.B) P.C and Computer Science, P.C and Electronics.
- . Candidates who have passed D.Pharmacy course with not less than 50% aggregate approved by Pharmacy Council o India shall also be eligible for this course and shall be admitted directly to II B.Pharm course 10% over and above the sanctioned intake and shall have to study Matematics, Computer science & Statistics of I B.Pharm in addition to the II.B.Pharm subjects.
DURATION OF THE COURSE
- The course of study for B.Pharm shall extend over a period Eight Semesters and Six Semesters for those admitted to second B.Pharm directly.
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION & EXAMINATIONS
- Medium of Instruction and Examination shall be English
ATTENDANCE & PROGRESS
- A candidate is required to put in at least 80% attendance in theory and practical subjects separately in a recognized institution approved by and affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka. The candidate shall complete the prescribed course satisfactorily to be eligible to appear for the respective examinations
- Semester examination in both Theory & Practical
CRITERIA FOR PASS
- Candidates who have secured a minimum of 50% marks in the Theory (including sessional) and practical (including sessionals) separately in any subject or subjects shall be declared to have passed in the subject and exempted from appearing in that subjects at subsequent examination.
- Theory and practical of a particular subject are considered as individual subjects for the purpose of pass criteria Every candidate shall undergo practical training in pharmaceutical Manufacturing House / Approved Hospital / CSIR research labs for a period of not less than one hundred and fifty hours to be covered in not less than 45 days after completing Sixth Semester or Final Semester.