OBJECTIVES OF COURSE:
On completion of the four year B.Sc. Nursing program the graduate will be able to:
- Apply knowledge from physical, biological, and behavioral sciences, medicine including alternative systems and providing nursing care to individuals, families and communities.
- Provide nursing care based on steps of nursing process in collaboration with the individuals and groups.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skill in making decisions in all situations in all situations in order to provide quality care.
- Utilize the latest trends and technology in providing health care.
- Practice within the framework of code of ethics and professional conduct, and acceptable standards of practice within the legal boundaries.
- Communicate effectively with individuals and groups, and members of the health team in order to promote effective interpersonal relationships and teamwork.
- Demonstrate skills in teaching to individuals and groups in clinical/community health settings.
- Participate effectively as members of the health team in health care delivery system.
- Demonstrate leadership and managerial skills in clinical/community health settings.
- Method of teaching used to teach nursing theory subjects are through lecture cum discussion, seminar, conference, Role Play, Symposium, Brain storming, demonstration, debriefing, etc. Nursing practice concepts are taught through clinical posting, clinical Presentation, nursing rounds, Bed side teaching, case presentation, drug presentation etc
B.Sc. Nursing Eligibility Crieteria
- The minimum age for admission shall be 17 years on 31st December of the year in which admission is sought.
- Minimum education:
- 10+2 class passed with Science (PCB) & English Core/English Elective with aggregate of 45% marks from recognized board under AISSCE/CBSE/ICSE/SSCE/HSCE or other equivalent Board.
- Student shall be medically fit.
- Students appearing in 10+2 examination in Science conducted by National Institute of Open School with 45% marks.
- Student shall be admitted once in a year.
A candidate seeking admission to first Basic B.Sc. Nursing course:
- i) shall have passed two years Pre University examination conducted by Department of Pre- University Education, Karnataka State, with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as optional subjects. The candidate shall have passed subjects and must have obtained a minimum of not less than 45%
- ii) shall have passed any other examination conducted by Boards /Councils/ Intermediate Education established by State Governments/ Central Government and recognized as equivalent to two year Pre University examination by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences/Association of Indian Universities (AIU), with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as optional subjects and the candidate shall have passed subjects and must have obtained a minimum of not less than 45%
- iii) In respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes or Other Backward Classes, the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry, Biology together in the qualifying examination be not less than 40% Age: The candidate should have completed 17 years on or before 31 st day of December of the year of admission.
- Selection of the candidates should be based on the merit in the entrance examination held by University or competent authority.
DURATION OF THE COURSE
- Duration of the course shall be four completed years including clinical training of 24 weeks.
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION
- English shall be the medium of for the course as well as for the examination.