B.Com- Logistics & Supply Chain Management
The Course B.Com combined with Logistics Management is offered by very few institutions across Nation.B.Com course of three years duration under Bangalore North University added with Logistics and Supply Chain Management is a very smart combination from the point of view of the present dynamic industry set-up. Core curriculum focuses on activities such as distribution, procurement, and maintenance and inventory management. Job oriented additional certifications will be executed by reputed external agencies.
- To cater to the manpower needs of companies in Logistics, Aviation, Small and Medium Enterprises and Public Sector.
- To develop Human Resource for companies engaged trade and commerce.
- Motivate students to take up career as consultants, free lancers and employees with core competencies.
- To develop human resources to act as think tank for Business Development related issues.
- To develop entrepreneurs.
- To mobilise business philosophers with a focus on social responsibility and ecological sustainability.
- To develop ethical managers with interdisciplinary approach.
- Also to develop the students for competitive examinations of UPSC, KPSC, BSRB, Staff Selection Commission, etc.
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION
- Candidates who have completed Two year Pre – University course of Karnataka State or its equivalent with Business Studies and Accountancy as two major subjects of study in both first and second year pre-university are eligible for admission into this course.
- The course is expected to employ a combination of approaches such as lecture, problem solving, presentations, case discussion, role plays, exercises, videos and film.
- Students will demonstrate effective application capabilities of their conceptual understanding to the real world Logistics business situations. They will be able to exhibit effective decision making skills, employing analytical and critical thinking ability. Students will demonstrate employability traits in line with the changing dynamics of the industry Students will demonstrate strong conceptual knowledge in the functional area of management as well as LSCM domain in specific.