B.Com- Bachelor of Commerce- Regular
The Bachelor of Commerce is a three-year degree course under Bangalore North University. B.Com course is designed to provide necessary knowledge and competence in the fields of trade and commerce covering subjects like accountancy, statistics, economics, marketing, finance, and other related subjects. The core curriculum thus focuses on achieving academic excellence while prioritizing on individual competence through student-centric development initiatives.
- To cater to the manpower needs of companies in Accounting, Taxation, Auditing, Financial analysis and Management.
- To develop business analysts for companies, capital markets and commodity markets.
- To prepare students to take up higher education to become business scientists, researchers consultants and teachers, with core competencies.
- To develop human resources to act as think tank for Business Development related issues.
- To develop entrepreneurs.
- To develop business philosophers with a focus on social responsibility and ecological sustainability.
- To develop ethical managers with interdisciplinary approach.
- Also to develop the students for competitive examinations of UPSC, KPSC, BSRB, Staff Selection Commission, etc.
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION
- Candidates who have completed Two year Pre – University course of Karnataka State or its equivalent with Business Studies and Accountancy as two major subjects of study in both first and second year pre-university are eligible for admission into this course.
- The course is expected to use a combination of approaches such as lecture, problem solving, presentations, case discussion, role plays, exercises, videos and films.
- Well moulded citizens are added to society with managerial and accounting skills, who can take up professional life and also ready for social responsibility. Well prepared to take up the professions in the field of Accountancy - Chartered Accountancy, Cost and Management Accountancy, Company Secretary, Professions in Capital and Commodity Markets, Professions in life and non life insurance and professions in Banks by passing the respective examinations of the respective professional bodies.